How does your product use or challenge conventions of your genre?
Every pet magazine I have researched had a main animal centered on the cover page. I decided to do this also so that it would be clear the the viewer what my magazine is about. I made my title big and bold on the top of the page to stand out. Another aspect I wanted to add to my magazine was a bar at the top that had a few words to describe what my magazine is about. Most magazines have this feature so that when magazines are stacked on top of each other at stores, people are still able to read a basis of what your magazine is about, and it attracts them to buying it. Overall, I payed close attention to each magazine I researched and picked certain characteristics from each one to add to my personal magazine, in order to make it look as real as possible.
How does it represent social groups or issues?
My targeted audience is any pet lover or owner, so my magazine is based around appealing to those groups. There are many articles that are there to help anyone who owns a pet and help them understand their animals better, to give them the best life possible. Also, I wanted to incorporate articles about pet stores, puppy mills, and sheltering to give people more information on topics that they might not know are actually very harmful to pets. I hoped these articles would make people aware of how bad these systems actually are, and how they are able to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment